Leftover Cranberry Sauce & Greek Yogurt Popsicles

Print this pageShare on TumblrShare on RedditPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on YummlyShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on Twitter

Leftover Cranberry Sauce & Greek Yogurt Popsicles-7055

I hope everyone is having or has had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  If you are anything like me, you ate way too much while sitting at the table and then you proceeded to eat way too many leftovers straight out of the refrigerator.  Thank goodness Christmas isn’t too far away so I can do it all over again soon!

In one of my last posts I talked about how cranberry sauce was the glue that holds the holiday meal together.  But, as much as I love cranberry sauce and can’t imagine Thanksgiving or Christmas without it, I don’t usually eat large amounts of it.  In fact, I rarely even eat it by itself.  I usually put a small spoonful on the plate and then promply mix it into my delicious mashed potatoes, stuffing, and Brussels sprouts.  I tend to use it more as a condiment than an actual side dish.

Therefore we usually end up with quite a bit leftover and I’m never sure what to do with all of it.  It may be winter, but in my opinion, frozen desserts never go out of season.  I decided to blend my leftover cranberry sauce up with some Greek yogurt and I couldn’t be happier with these popsicles!  They are a little bit holiday, a little bit tart, and a lot a bit delicious!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Next up, leftover mashed potato popsicles!!  Just Kidding!  Or am I…..??

5.0 from 1 reviews
Leftover Cranberry Sauce & Greek Yogurt Popsicles

Prep time
Total time

Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten Free
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
  • 2 cups cranberry sauce
  • 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup*
  • 1 small container non-fat Greek yogurt (5.3 oz, 150 grams)
Instructions
  1. Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until combined. You can make it as chunky or as smooth as you would like.
  2. Spoon the cranberry mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours. You may need to run popsicle molds under hot water for a few seconds in order to loosen them.
Notes
*You can use more or less maple syrup depending on how sweet your cranberry sauce is and how sweet you want your popsicles to be
**Makes 6-8 popsicles depending on the size of your popsicle molds

Leftover Cranberry Sauce & Greek Yogurt Popsicles-7044

Leftover Cranberry Sauce & Greek Yogurt Popsicles-7039

Comments

1. says

What an awesome idea to make cranberry sauce out of the leftovers :) And I love that they are such a pretty pink color – my fave!!! I agree that cranberry sauce is one of the best parts of the holiday meal!! Happy Thanksgiving 😀 Pinneeeddd!

2. says

These are so smart, Isadora! I actually do love piling…PILING my cranberry sauce onto everything, but I always think everyone else wants massive servings of it as well, and always end up with way too much of it left-over. I love this idea because you can pop them in the freezer and snack on them a month later if you want. Perfect!

• She Likes Food says

Thanks, Denise! Haha, I love piling it too! I’m already dreaming of eating a ton of cranberry sauce again on Christmas! So true, you can enjoy these for months after Thanksgiving!

• She Likes Food says

Thank you, Sarah! I’ve been stuffing myself silly since Thanksgiving too! I finally polished off the mashed potatoes yesterday, so hopefully I can get back on track now! Definitely, haha :)

• She Likes Food says

Hi Precious!! I’m so glad you made them and enjoyed them!! Treats are the best :) I’m going to check out that raspberry sorbet right now! It sounds delicious!

3. says

This is a great use of leftover cranberry sauce! I’ve been stirring it into my oatmeal this past week, and I’ve been liking that a lot too. I can’t get enough!

• She Likes Food says

Thanks Marcie! Ohhh, that sounds so good to put it in oatmeal! I’ll have to remember that when we have more leftovers at Christmas!

4. says

I definitely ate way too much turkey and then proceeded to gorge myself on it yesterday and today! These popsicles look fantastic, Izzy! I love you creativity of using leftover cranberry sauce. They sound so delicious and simple to make, too!

• She Likes Food says

Haha, I just gorged myself tonight on the rest of the leftovers! I think I’m finally finished though :) Thank you so much, Gayle! They really are so easy and you can enjoy cranberry sauce for months this way!

5. says

Cranberry sauce totally is the glue that holds the holiday feast together. I have to admit, I tend to over-cranberry my turkey…like, the whole reason I’m interested in turkey is because of cranberry sauce. I have leftover sauce, too, and have been looking for unique ways of using it up – thinking these popsicles are pretty genius!

• She Likes Food says

Hi Julia! The best tasting glue ever! It really does make everything taste better and I can’t believe I didn’t used to like it that much! Thank god I’m cured now! I hope you love these popsicles if you make them :)

6. says

I’m with ya on the overeating, Izzy! It just doesn’t feel like the holidays if you don’t have to change pant sizes over the course of a few hours! See-Black Friday does have some important aspects;-) Cranberry sauce definitely tastes best when mixed with other food items. And cranberry sauce is usually what my family has most of left over, so it’s always fun finding new ways to eat it! My typical turkey and cranberry sauce sammy is getting a bit old, no matter how delicious, so this popsicle recipe couldn’t have come at a better time! Love that it uses Greek yogurt; I’m always trying to sneak more protein in!

Trackbacks