These Greek Chickpea Salad Sandwiches are one of those meals that you make once and realize how easy and delicious they are that you can’t fathom why you have never made them before. Seriously, they are so easy and delicious!
Now, you all know that Mexican food is pretty much my favorite food ever, but next to Mexican food is definitely Greek food. I love hummus, kalamata olives, and pretty much everything in between, especially the wine! Greek food is so great because it is always light, refreshing, and really flavorful. Whenever we go to our favorite Greek restaurant I always order a salad that is pretty much as big as my head and I manage to eat the entire thing without feeling completely gigantic afterwards.
The main binder in these chickpea salad sandwiches is tahini, which is pretty much liquid gold in my book. One of my favorite things to eat is a big bowl of roasted vegetables, quinoa, and a huge drizzle of tahini over top. It has a such a great nutty flavor while also adding a delicious creamy texture. If you ever make a dish and wonder what it might be missing, a big drizzle of tahini might just be the thing! I am pretty confident when i say that these chickpea salad sandwiches will soon be your new best lunch buddy
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 7 tablespoons tahini, a little less than ½ cup
- ½ heaping cup chopped cucumber
- ⅓ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped red pepper or roasted red pepper
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bread, gluten free if necessary
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, sprouts, pickles
- Place chickpeas into a large bowl and mash with a potato masher until most chickpeas are mashed. It is ok to leave a few chunks.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is combined. Pile chickpea salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.