In my opinion there are only 2 kinds of breakfasts worth getting out of bed for; ones that are already made and you just have to heat up or ones that someone else is making for you. And, in the case of the latter, hopefully they are delivering it straight to you in your warm bed and you don’t even have to get up!
Although I only have 2 oatmeal bake recipes on this site, we eat a lot of oatmeal bakes in this house. I love them because you can get really creative and add any flavor you like. I have this ginger peach flavored oatmeal bake that is great for the summer and then the classic peanut butter and banana oatmeal bake that is good for any time of the year! And now I’m sharing with you my favorite winter time oatmeal bake: this delicious and comforting Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake. It has all the great flavors of classic gingerbread like molasses, ground ginger and cinnamon.
I have my main oatmeal bake formula pretty down pat these days, but I did make one change to this Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake, instead of using my regular unsweetened almond milk I decided to shake things up a little bit and used the new Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend. It is so perfect for oatmeal bakes because it is a little thicker than regular almond milk and so creamy! They have a few different flavors, but the vanilla one gave this baked oatmeal such a great sweet flavor. It would also be great for smoothies, creamy soups and all of your baking needs!
*This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.
- 4 cups + 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats, certified gluten free if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2½ cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend - I used the vanilla flavor
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Optional toppings: ground cinnamon, coconut whipped cream or regular whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients. In a large bowl whisk together the almond milk, brown sugar and molasses until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Grease a large baking dish, about 9x13 inch, and pour oatmeal mixture in. Spread the top out with a spatula to make sure everything is even. Bake oatmeal until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Oatmeal bake can be reheated in the oven or microwave so you can enjoy it all week long! Top with ground cinnamon and whipped cream if desired.