I’m probably guilty of saying this every month, but can you believe its’ March already?! I love spring so I’m not sad about the changing seasons at all, I just wish time would slow down a bit! The fact that it’s March also means that it’s time for 30-Minute Thursday! Scroll to the bottom of the post for more delicious recipes from some of my favorite bloggers that can all be on your table in 30 minutes or less!
I was a little hesitant to do a salad for my 30-minute meal but this salad is packed with so much goodness that it’s super delicious and really filling, which makes it a perfect weeknight dinner option!
As much as I’m in love with the seasoned chickpeas in this salad, the best part might just be the avocado ranch dressing. Avocados are one of my favorite foods and I always try to incorporate them into my meals when I can. I’m also in love with making my own salad dressings, so it seemed like a pretty good idea to make some avocado ranch dressing for this taco salad. It worked really well and I’ve now been putting it on pretty much everything else I’ve been eating this week! The recipe makes more than you would probably need for this salad, but trust me, you will want extra!
A delicious and filling salad that is quick and easy to make!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Other optional salad ingredients (enough for 4 servings): Lettuce, corn, red onions, black olives, diced tomatoes, tortilla chips
Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 2 large avocados
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, or lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and chickpeas. Use a potato masher to slightly mash them up, you want to leave most of them whole. Next add the chopped walnuts and all the spices. Stir and cook until everything is heated through, 5-10 minutes.
- Make the Avocado Ranch Dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender and blending until a creamy dressing is formed, about 1 minute. You can add more water if you would like a thinner dressing, but you may also need to adjust the seasonings.
- Assemble the salads by splitting all salad ingredients and seasoned chickpeas into four bowls and topping with desired amount of avocado ranch dressing.
The Avocado Ranch Dressing recipe makes more than you may need for 4 salads but it is really delicious to use many other things!
*Not all recipes below are gluten free or vegetarian, but most can be adapted!
Mushroom Barley Soup from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Linguine with Poached Egg and Asparagus from Sweet Peas & Saffron
30-Minute Spicy Orange Shrimp Teriyaki from Flavor the Moments
Browned Butter Shrimp and Rice Bowls with Sautéed Kale and Avocado from Floating Kitchen
Spinach Pesto and Tomato Flatbread Pizzas from Kristine’s Kitchen
Tex-Mex Taco Salad from My Kitchen Craze
30-Minute Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Noodles from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Bake. Eat. Repeat.
20-Minute Ham and Pineapple Rice from The Recipe Rebel