I’m probably the last one to discover this, but can you believe that you can make cookies by just using the stove-top and refrigerator?! I’m so impressed, haha! And I’m also always the last one to get on any food trend, so it’s no surprise that it’s 2016 and I’m just now making no-bake cookies. But, these days I’m hot, lazy, fat and craving all the sweets so these no-bake cookies kinda make perfect sense.
You can really make any variety of these, and I’ll probably trying out some different ones as the summer progresses, but you can’t lose with chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels, oats and coconut! My friend Ashley made these awesome Peanut Butter Pretzels Honey Balls last week and I’ve been thinking about the flavor combination ever since!
To make these super easy, delicious cookies all you do is add your ingredients to a pot, melt, spoon onto parchment paper and then freeze or refrigerator until they harden up. You do have to store them in the refrigerator because they melt pretty quickly, but you’ll probably want to eat them all before you leave the house anyway so it’s no big deal. At least that was my experience
- 2 cups chopped pretzels, gluten free if necessary
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips*
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until chocolate is melted and all ingredients have mixed together.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon heaping tablespoons of cookie mixture onto the parchment paper. You can make them bigger or smaller if you like.
- Place cookies in the freezer for about 20 minutes until they firm up. Store cookies in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Recipe makes about 24 cookies.
*If you like a sweeter cookie you can use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips rather than dark chocolate.