This post is sponsored by RW Garcia. Thank you for supporting the brands that support She Likes Food!
Anyone else fill up on holiday appetizers before the big meal? I’m always the person who eats so many tortilla chips at the Mexican restaurant that I’m too full to eat my food, so you can believe that I usually eat too many appetizers before the big holiday meal. Thank goodness sweat pants exist
I just love finger food that is easy to eat, and I especially love it when something crunchy and salty is involved. I was so excited to come up with a fun topping for these 3 Seed Kale Crackers because they’re such a great flavor. They’re loaded with flaxseed, sesame and chia and don’t contain any additives or preservatives. They’re also gluten free and non-GMO. My kind of crackers!
RW Garcia is a family owned company, which I love! They work hard to be a sustainable company and make sure to recycle whenever possible. And, in the holiday spirit, they love giving back and donate to lots of different charitable organizations. So, really, you can’t go wrong when you purchase their delicious snacks! In addition to crackers, they also make awesome tortilla chips that I buy all the time.
These Kale Crackers with Black Bean Hummus and Pomegranate Salsa are the perfect holiday appetizer! They’re easy to make and delicious to eat. Serve them at your next party and I’m pretty sure people will gobble them all up! And if you’re looking for me at a party I can always be found by the appetizer table!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! I’ll see you next weekPrint
- 1 (6.5) box RW Garcia 3 Seed Kale Crackers
Black Bean Hummus:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, or 1 clove minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- Chopped jalapeno, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Make the pomegranate salsa by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and mixing until combined.
- Make the hummus by adding all ingredients to a food processor, or blender, and blending until desired texture is reached. You may need to add in a small amount of water to reach desired texture.
- Spread each cracker with about 1 teaspoon of hummus and top with a small spoonful of pomegranate salsa. Make as many or as few as you like. Best when served fairly quickly after being made to avoid crackers getting soggy.