It’s brussels sprout time!! Are you as excited as I am about this recipe? I feel like most people I know say they used to hate them, discovered them roasted and now love them. Raise your hand if you fall into that camp! My husband even now requests them on a regular basis so I’m convinced anyone can fall in love with them.
What makes these roasted brussels sprouts even more delicious than the usual ones is the sweet chili sauce. Sweet chili sauce might just be my new favorite ingredient! I bought it specifically for this recipe but have since been putting it on everything since then. It’s sweet, it’s spicy and adds just the right amount of flavor.
Do you guys see that pretty napkin that these awesome brussels sprouts are sitting on top of?! Are you wondering where you might be able to purchase that pretty napkin?! If so, today is your lucky day. Kari over at BeautifulIngredient.com makes these beautiful napkins plus potholders and coasters. They’re all eco friendly and homemade using organic fabric. She also sells her stuff over at Food52. I’m not sure if it’s the food blogger or the decorator in me, but I’m obsessed with all her stuff and strongly urge you to go check it out
If you’re looking for a holiday side that everyone will love, these brussels sprouts will not disappoint!
If you want a closer look as to how these Sweet Chili Roasted Brussels Sprouts are made, check out my video!
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet chilil sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Clean the brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Place the brussels sprouts on the parchment paper and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast them for 35-40 minutes, flipping once, or until softened and caramelized.
- Remove them from the oven and brush them evenly with the sweet chili sauce. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes. Best when served warm.
*I was given a free napkin to write this post, but all opinions are my own!