This Vegetarian Cobb Salad is loaded with lots of protein and vegetables to keep you feeling happy, healthy and full!
I’ve developed this terrible habit where I can’t just eat a regular garden salad anymore. I feel the need to put like 1,000 different ingredients into the salad to make it into a salad that I could eat for a meal. I think I just love salads so much that I need to come up with an excuse to eat them for lunch and dinner!
Now, I know you may be thinking that this doesn’t really look like a cobb salad. But, it does have hard boiled eggs in it and I really couldn’t think of anything else to call this salad. I guess I could have gone with Hard Boiled Egg, White Bean and Sweet Potato Salad but that’s just too wordy!
This Vegetarian Cobb Salad is really hearty and filling. You get some protein from the eggs and white beans, your minerals from the pepitas and some sweetness and tartness from the sweet potato and dried cranberries. There’s not really much more you could ask for in a salad! It’s also a great salad that you can make ahead and take for lunches all week!
- 6 cups lettuce greens
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup roasted, salted pepitas
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Balsamic dressing
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees fierenhet. On a large baking sheet toss together the sweet potato, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast sweet potato until fork tender, about 35 minutes.
- Assemble the salad: Add all ingredients, including roasted sweet potato, to a large bowl and mix until combined. Dress individual servings of salad with desired amount of salad dressing.