These crispy tacos are baked in the oven and stuffed with refried beans, sweet potato and cheese for an easy and delicious dinner!
Guys, I just realized it has been far too long since I’ve shared a Mexican recipe with you! I have no idea how that happened, but I’m here to make up for it today. I bet you didn’t think it was possible for me to do another recipe combining sweet potato, black beans and avocado, but I did it!
This recipe is insanely easy. There’s only 3 ingredients in the tacos and since it’s the first Thursday of the month, that means it’s 30 Minute Thursday so these Crispy Black Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos only take 30 minutes to make! Don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page for more delicious 30 minute meals from some other awesome bloggers!
I’ve recently discovered that I’m kinda obsessed with refried beans. I usually just cook with whole beans, but I bought some refried ones a while ago and couldn’t stop eating them. I dipped chips in them, put them on burritos and even ate them with a spoon. And, it turns out that Eli loves them too, which makes me pretty happy!
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup sweet potato puree, homemade or canned*
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, small diced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with a small amount of olive oil. If corn tortillas aren't very pliable you may need to warm on the stove or microwave for about 5 seconds each before assembling tacos.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of refried beans on half of the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon sweet potato and a sprinkling of cheese. Fold tortilla over and repeat with remaining ingredients. Brush the top of each taco with a small amount of olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, flipping once.
- Make the avocado salsa while tacos are baking. Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Let tacos cool for a few minutes before eating and top with avocado salsa, if desired. Recipe serves 2-3 people but can easily be adapted to make more.
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Rice from The Recipe Rebel
30 Minute Pad Thai from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Arugula and Prosciutto Puff Pastry Pizza from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Shrimp Scampi from My Kitchen Craze
Savory Waffles with Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower from Floating Kitchen
20 Minute Healthy Taco Salad from Kristine’s Kitchen
30 Minute Skillet Pasta Primavera from Flavor the Moments