These Zucchini Noodle Bowls are great for a quick, easy and healthy dinner or a make ahead lunch!
I want to thank all the amazing wonderful readers who took the time to fill out my First Ever Reader Survey! The blogging world is really tough and can sometimes get you down, but you all made me feel really happy and excited about what I’m doing here!
I loved reading all your responses and am really taking the feedback to heart. I’m also super excited that the majority of you really want more quick and easy dinner recipes because that is exactly the direction I’m wanting to go. As a big thank you to you all and in celebration of this recipe, I thought it would be fun to give away a spiralizer to one lucky reader! Scroll to the bottom of the post for giveaway details!
I’m excited to share this recipe with you today because it really look me out of my cooking comfort zone to make. As you may have noticed, Mexican food is a favorite around here and it gets made a few times a week.
While I do actually love lots of different kinds of cuisines, I don’t have as much experience making them but I’m trying to change that! This orange ginger sauce was so much easier to make than I expected it to be and it’s so good! I’m already thinking of other things to put it on.
Since these Orange Ginger Zucchini Noodle & Chickpea Bowls only take 30 minutes to make, this is a really great quick and easy dinner recipe. But, it’s also great as a meal prep lunch! It’s light and flavorful and won’t leave you feeling like you want to take a big nap after lunch
Thanks again to all of you who took the time to give me feedback!Print
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Chopped green onion for garnish, if desired
Orange Ginger Sauce:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Add all orange ginger sauce ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Spiralize the zucchini. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the zucchini. Season with a pinch of salt and cook zucchini until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the chickpeas and pour in the sauce. Cook until sauce is thickened, 8-10 minutes.
- Divide the rice into 4 equal portions and then top with equal portions of the zucchini and chickpeas. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
To make as a make ahead lunch, equally divide rice and zucchini mixture into 4 containers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.