These Mediterranean Chopped Salad Pitas are great for a quick and easy lunch or a healthy no-cook dinner!
It’s been hot here lately. Like, 100 degrees hot. I’m never ready for the heat, but especially not in early May! Thankfully, today it got really windy and must have blown in a cold front because I was in my sweatshirt by the evening and loving it.
When it gets hot here I usually lose the will to cook. I get tired and lazy and just want takeout or no cook meals. I want cold fresh meals with lots of veggies. These Mediterranean Chopped Salad Pitas are just that.
They’re refreshing, loaded with veggies and only require a bit of chopping. I post a ton of Mexican recipes on here and sometime forget how much I love Mediterranean food. It’s usually healthy, has lots of flavor and is perfect for summer.
It also gives me a good excuse to eat kalamata olives and feta cheese, two of my favorites! If you’re not into pita, this chopped salad is pretty delicious on it’s own too I hope everyone is staying cool out there and enjoying the last month before true summer hits!Print
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup feta crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Pita bread, for serving
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Next, add all remaining chopped salad ingredients to the bowl and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Spoon chopped salad mixture into warm pita bread and enjoy!