This delicious pasta bake is packed with tons of zucchini and just a little bit of pasta making it a great lower carb dinner option!
We finally got some rain here! Well, at least it smelled like rain and I think I saw a few sprinkles, but it cooled down the temps and it actually feels somewhat bearable outside.
The summer monsoons are one of my favorite parts about living in Arizona and I’m going to be really sad if they don’t get their act together soon! Another favorite thing about this summer is my spiralizer. I know I’m a little slow to catch onto the trend, but I’ve been using it so much lately and really loving it.
I didn’t go full zucchini noodle in this recipe because I wanted to add some regular spaghetti to make it a bit more filling, but there’s 3 full zucchini and only 2 ounces of pasta, so it makes it great for a lower carb meal.
It’s cheesy and comforting but also packed with tons of veggies that are easy to hide if your trying to sneak them in
Today I’m celebrating July produce with some of my blogger friends so don’t forget to check out their delicious #EatSeasonal recipes below! Check out Becky’s page for some July produce inspiration!
A lower carb pasta dish that’s super comforting and perfect for a quick and easy dinner!
- 2 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Basil for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook pasta according package directions. Once done, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large oven safe pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, spiralize the zucchini (or cut in thin strips if you don’t have a spiralizer). Add garlic, zucchini, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes, until zucchini is tender. There will probably be a fair amount of water that comes out of the zucchini, I like to use a turkey baster, or spoon, to discard as much of the water as I can.
- Next, add the spaghetti noodles, tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir until everything is combined and then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on the top. Place the pan into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, 10 – 15 mins.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and enjoy while hot!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the pan
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 850 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 22 g
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting She Likes Food!
Golden Beets with Black Beans and Dried Cherries by Letty’s Kitchen
Summer Melon Cous Cous Salad with Avocado, Grapes and Mint by Foodie Crush
Berry Frangipane Brioche Toast by Vintage Mixer
Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread by JoyFoodSunshine
Kale Salad with Blueberries Cherries and Goat Cheese by Flavor the Moments
Pesto Butter Corn on the Cob by Cookin’ Canuck
Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcakes by Food for My Family
Triple Berry No-Bake Cheesecake with Amaretti Crust by Floating Kitchen
Pickled Beets by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
Sour Cream Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote by Simple Bites
Blueberry Acai Frozen Yogurt by Kitchen Confidante