Welcome! My name is Isadora, but you can call me Izzy. I’m the recipe developer and photographer behind She Likes Food. Thanks so much for stopping by!
I love food! I’m always either eating it or thinking about what I’m going to eat next. I was raised by a very health conscious vegetarian mother and I was always jealous of the junk food my friends had at their houses. I was also pretty embarrassed about the sprouts sticking out of my sandwiche at lunch time. These days I’ve learned to embrace healthy food and even willingly put sprouts on my sandwiches 🙂
Here, at She Likes Food, you are going to find lots of healthy, easy and delicious meals that all happen to be vegetarian, mostly gluten free, and predominately vegan. I have a one year old son so I’m all about quick, easy and make ahead meals. I love developing 30 minute dinner recipes and make ahead breakfasts to make your life much easier!
I strongly believe that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland, boring or complicated. In fact, it’s just the opposite! I’m here to show you that there are so much amazing things you can do with plant based ingredients 🙂
I went strictly gluten free about 4 years ago in order to clear up some stomach issues. It helped some, but not 100% so these days I try to focus on foods that are naturally gluten free, but do eat gluten on occasion. I try to only share recipes that can easily be adapted to gluten free, if they aren’t already.
I grew up eating a vegetarian diet, but strayed from it for many years. I’ve recently come back to it and have been feeling great! I’ve even managed to get my husband mostly on board , which is a huge win. My body feels great eating this way and I love coming up with flavorful and delicious plant based meals to share with you. I’m not 100% vegan, but I really enjoy creating vegan friendly recipes so you will see a lot of them here.
Want to know more? A few random facts about me:
- I’m obsessed with chips and somehow I managed to marry the one person in the world who can’t stand the sound of crunching, I still love him though, and hopefully he still loves me!
- I love avocados! I eat them on bread, chips, pizza, salads, sandwiches, pretty much everything!
- My dad owned a Mexican restaurant when I was growing up and to this day Mexican food is hands down, my favorite type of food. I could eat tacos everyday and have been known to stuff them with all kinds of random ingredients.
- In my spare time I love to go hiking, camping, and running, but it is hard to do any of those things during the hot Tucson summers.
- In the past 10 years I have lived in 5 different states and Utah has been my favorite by far. I hope to end up back there someday.
- My husband and I are completely obsessed with our cat, Cheeto, and even though he pretends to hate being hugged and carried around, I know he loves it!
I live in Arizona with my husband Eric, he likes food too, and our little son Elijah, who can really put down some sweet potato fries 🙂
and our very curious orange cat named Cheeto, saying that he likes food is a bit of an understatement!