- 1 cup dried rice, white or brown
- 2 – 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 14 ounce package of extra firm tofu, patted dry
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- ground turmeric (optional)
- ground ginger (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh turmeric, pealed and grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, pealed and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- A heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Dice the tofu into bite size pieces. In a large bowl or tupperware, add the tofu cubes and the tofu marinating ingredients, toss to coat, and cover with plastic wrap or a lid and let sit in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Dice the sweet potato into bite size cubes. Place sweet potato cubes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground turmeric, and ground ginger, just eyeball the seasonings. Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 25 minutes,until sweet potato cubes are cooked through.
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook for about 15 minutes until tofu is crispy. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Steam the broccoli over high heat with about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of water, until broccoli is fork tender.
- Assemble the rice bowls: Place the rice on the bottem of the bowl and top with roasted sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, and crispy, marinated tofu. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt, to taste.
If you can’t find fresh turmeric root, use about 1/2 the amount of turmeric powder.