- 1/2 cup quinoa, dried
- 1 bunch curly kale, about 5–6 cups when chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (6 ounce) packaged baked tofu*
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 large radishes, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
Sesame Ginger Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons tamari, gluten free kind if necessary
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Wash the kale, remove the ribs from the leaves and chop leaves into bite size pieces. Place the kale into a large bowl and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, pinch of salt and small squeeze lemon (optional). Massage kale leaves with you hands for about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa to the kale along with the remaining salad ingredients (except for the tofu) and mix until combined.
- Chop the tofu into bite size pieces and either add to the big bowl of salad or top individual salad bowls with it. If eating salad all at once, pour dressing over salad and mix well. You can also keep the dressing separate and dress individual salad bowls as needed. Salad will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*You could also take a package of extra firm tofu, cut it into small cubes and sauté with olive oil and tamari until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of Salad
- Calories: 506
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 398 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 0