This fresh Avocado Ranch Dressing is creamy, flavorful and a perfect non-dairy ranch alternative!
Have you ever made ranch out of avocados before?! If not, you need to give it a try! I’ve always been a ranch dressing lover and even have a Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe on the site already, but thought it was important to get this Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe out in the world as well 🙂
This Avocado Ranch Dressing is great to use anyway you would use regular ranch dressing. For most people that would just be on a salad but it’s also great for dipping your pizza in or topping your burrito bowls with.
What Goes Into This Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe?
There are kind of a few ingredients involved but they all make it super delicious and super fresh tasting!
- Obviously, first you have your avocado! I like to use either 2 extra large avocados or 3 medium sized avocados. You want your avocados to be perfectly ripe because they have the best texture and flavor that way.
- Lots of fresh herbs and spices. I like to use mostly fresh herbs for this recipe because they give it such a great taste. I use fresh green onion, parsley and cilantro which are all pretty cheap fresh herbs. And then I use dried dill because it has a really potent taste and is cheaper than buying fresh dill.
- Lime juice. I love using lime juice as my acid for this Dressing because it goes well with the avocado and cilantro flavors but you could also use lemon juice or vinegar instead.
- Almond milk. You need some type of liquid to thin out the dressing and I use almond milk because it adds a creaminess but is also neutral tasting. You could always sub for water or another non-dairy milk if you like.
Can This Avocado Ranch Dressing Be Refrigerated?
Yes! Avocados are notorious for browning if left open in the refrigerator or on the counter. You definitely don’t want to keep this dressing in the refrigerator for as long as you would keep a regular salad dressing, but it can last about 3 days. When using, you’ll just want to stir it up well and possibly just scoop off the very top if it looks a little brown.
This Avocado Ranch Dressing adds so much flavor and creaminess to any dish you use it on! It’s a great addition to a burrito bowl (like above) or even as a sauce to drizzle on your tacos or nachos. Have you tried it yet? Let me know what you think!
- 2 extra large avocados or 3 medium sized, pitted
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 whole green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Recipe makes 5 cups of Avocado Ranch Dressing but can easily be halved or quartered if you want to make a smaller amount.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 45 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 222mg Carbohydrates 5g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g