For the Beet Chips
- 2 medium beets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
For the Dip
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 5.3 ounces plain greek yogurt (1 small container)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 – 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandolin, cut the beets into 1/16 inch slices.
- Place beet slices into a large bowl and add olive oil and salt. Toss to coat.
- Lay beet slices out on a large sheet pan in a single layer.
- Cover with another sheet pan of the same size (optional).
- Bake beet chips for about 20 minutes and then remove top sheet pan (if using one).
- Bake the beet chips for another 10 – 15 minutes, until they start to dry out and turn lighter in color (see above photo).
- Transfer beets to a wire rack and let cool, they will crisp up more as they cool.
Make the Dip
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add all the dip ingredients.
- Pulse until dip is smooth and everything is mixed together.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- See all my tips above and feel free to change cooking times if needed, depending on the size of your beet chips. If you are uncertain about them, make sure to check them a few times to make sure they are not burning.
- Calories: 519
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 1057
- Fat: 34
- Saturated Fat: 20
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Protein: 29
- Cholesterol: 72