- Corn tortillas or pre-baked tostada shells
- 1 (15 ounce) can re-fried black beans
- 1–2 large avocados, cut in half, seed removed and sliced
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Chopped jalapeno, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- If not using pre-baked tostadas: pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay corn tortillas on a large baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes, flipping once, until crispy.
- Add all strawberry salsa ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the re-fried beans in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed (you may need to add a little water to the beans to thin them out a little bit., if desired)
- Assemble the tostadas by spreading a layer of black beans onto each tortilla and topping with avocado slices and strawberry salsa. You can sprinkle a little bit of salt on the avocado slices for a little extra flavor, if desired.
You can really adapt this recipe to make as few or as many of these tostadas as you would like. One can of beans will make about 8-10, depending on your tortilla size.