These Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups are made with only a small amount of sugar making them a great healthy option for breakfast!
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. To a large bowl, add the bananas and mash with a fork. Next add the flax, vanilla and almond extracts, almond milk and coconut sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Next add in the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix again until combined. Lastly, add in the blueberries and almonds, mix and let set for a few minutes to batter can thicken up a little bit.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the oatmeal cup batter into a greased muffin tin and then bake until firm to the touch and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store oatmeal cups in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To re-heat oatmeal cups, microwave for 1-2 minutes.