- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- About 8–10 slices of bread, gluten free if needed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1–2 cups shredded cheese
- Using a sharp knife, cut the spaghetti squash in half. Scrap the inside of the spaghetti squash, with a metal spoon, so that the spaghetti squash comes out in small pieces. You should get about 3 cups.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Next add the spaghetti squash and the remaining herbs and spices. Cook spaghetti squash until tender, 10-12 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and stir.
- Turn the oven to broil. Place the bread onto a large cookie sheet and stick under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until slightly toasted. Take bread out and rub each slice with the garlic clove. Top each with a large spoonful of the spaghetti squash mixture and sprinkle with desired amount of grated cheese. Place back under the broiler until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Top with chopped parsley, if desired.