*Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes Gluten Free Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup butter, melter
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Cups gluten free flour, or regular, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 and 1/2 Cup fresh cherries, pitted and chopped roughly (I measured the 1 1/2 cups after I had pitted and roughly chopped them)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest
- Whipped cream for topping, if desired
What To Do:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan and then sprinkle it with flour, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and melted butter.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add lime juice and lime zest and beat again, until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, stir together 3 cups of flour and the baking powder.
- Gradually add flour blend to the wet ingredients, alternately with the 1 cup of milk. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
- Place cherries into a small bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon of flour, this will make it so the cherries sit evenly in the batter, rather than sinking to the bottom.
- Add cherries to the batter mixture and gently incorporate with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour batter into greased and floured bundt pan and put in the 350 degree oven for 50 – 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.