- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, or flavor of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Using an electric mixer, mix for about 2 minutes until mixture is combined.
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop heaping tablespoons of coconut mixture about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. With your hand, flatten eat scoop into a 2 inch disk.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until macaroons are golden brown on the edges. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once macaroons are completely cooled, soften vanilla ice cream and sandwich ice cream in between two macaroons. Place back into the freezer for about 20 minutes and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 33
- Sodium: 206
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 14
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 4