A simple and easy weeknight dinner that’s also really flavorful and delicious!
I hope you all had a great weekend! It’s been way too hot here lately but thankfully my in-laws are visiting this week and staying somewhere with a pool. So, that’s where I’ll be for the next 7 days!
These Crispy Potato Tacos are based on a one of the first recipes I ever posted here. I’m a little embarrassed to share the link, but it’s also fun to see how my photography has evolved in the past 3 years!
But one thing that hasn’t changed is my love of potatoes and my love of tacos! This taco recipe is still based on the potato tacos from one of the Mexican restaurants in town, but we don’t really go there as much anymore.
The service seemed to go downhill a bit and they started charging for chips. They do still have the best margaritas in town though! But, sometimes it’s much easier to re-create something at home than to go out and my husband and I are quite the homebodies so it works out.
These Crispy Potato Tacos are really easy to make because there’s just one main ingredient. And, when there are very few ingredients in a recipe you gotta make them good! I boil the potatoes and then fry them up crispy with a few spices.
These are such a great vegetarian/vegan taco option that even my meat eating husband loves!
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa, onion, jalapeno, cilantro
- Add chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until fork tender, 15-20 minutes. When done, drain potatoes well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, potatoes and all the spices. Stir until all the spices are evenly incorporated and then arrange in a single layer. Let potatoes cook for 3-5 minutes, until crispy, and then flip and repeat.
- Fill corn tortillas with desired amount of potatoes and top with favorite toppings.