This Easy Broccoli Fried “Rice” is perfect for a side dish or main meal!
- 5–6 cups chopped broccoli (you can use florets and stems)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- Diced green onion for garnish, if desired.
- Add the broccoli to a food processor and blend until it resembles rice, 10-20 seconds.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add sesame oil, red pepper, carrots and peas. Cook veggies until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the riced broccoli, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Mix everything together and then smash the mixture down with a spatula. Let broccoli “rice” cook for about 5 minutes, flip and repeat.
- Broccoli Fried “Rice” can be served as a side dish or you can make it a meal by adding in some cooked tofu, tempeh or chickpeas. Or anything else you like! I like to garnish mine with green onion!
Entire pan has 3 Freestyle Weight Watchers Points