This Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is so flavorful and cozy!
- 6 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 red onion cut into thick sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 – 3.5 cups vegetable stock
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large Sheetpan, toss together butternut squash, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until butternut squash is tender and caramelized, 45-50 mins.
- Add the roasted squash, garlic and onion to a large pot with the stock. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Or use an immersion blender. Pour back into the pot when ready to eat and heat up.
Butternut squash soup can be refrigerated for up to 5 days and frozen for up to 3 months.