- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mixed Greens
- Black eyed peas, or your favorite bean
- Corn, grilled or canned
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup sorghum, uncooked
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the sorghum into a medium sized saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook sorghum until tender, about 50 minutes.
- While sorghum is cooking, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the diced sweet potato on a large cookie sheet and toss with olive oil and spices. Roast sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Add the remaining Green Sorghum ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until combined. Once sorghum is finished cooking you can add the cilantro mixture and stir until combined.
- Assemble the salad: Place the mixed greens on the bottom of the bowl and top with desired amount of green sorghum, roasted sweet potatoes, beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado. If desired you can top with your favorite salad dressing or a drizzle of lemon or lime juice.
Makes about 4 salads.