These carrot cake cookies are packed with warm spices and fresh carrot!
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 3/4 cups flour, gluten free or all purpose
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk (I like almond)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 Tbsp water, let sit for a few minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir. Next, add all remaining ingredients and mix again until everything is combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the batter onto the parchment paper. Pat the tops down a little and bake cookies for 15-17 minutes, until firm and cooked through. Let cool on a wire rack before eating.