- 1 pound heirloom cherry tomatoes or regular cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 ounces spring mix lettuce, or lettuce of your choice
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Extra basil leaves for garnish, if desired
For the Dressing
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 6 – 7 basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lemon*
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water, more or less depending on dressing consistency you desire**
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place about 1 cup of lettuce into a bowl and top with cherry tomato halves. Dress with desired amount of dressing and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and basil leaves, if desired.
*I really love lemon so I like my dressing very lemony, if you are not as big of a fan try using the juice of 1/2 lemon instead of a whole lemon.
**Add water slowly and add until dressing reaches desired consistency.