- I head of lacinato, or dino kale chopped into 1/4 – 1/2 inch strips
- 1 head of radicchio
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of roasted sunflower seeds
- olive oil
Creamy Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice from grilled lemons (Grilled lemon instructions below, you will need 3 – 4 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place potato wedges on a large sheet pan and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into the 400 degree oven and roast for 25 -30 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Cut the head of radicchio in half and cut out the core. Slice each half into 1/2 inch strips. Fill a large bowl with ice water and soak radicchio in ice water for about 20 minutes, this will take out most of the bitterness. Drain radicchio and pat dry.
- Slice three or four lemons in half. Heat a grill to medium heat and place lemons on, cut side down. Grill lemons for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients into a blender and blend for about 30 seconds until everything is combined.
- In a large bowl add kale, radhiccio, potatoes, chickpeas, and sunflower seeds. Pour dressing over and mix until combined.