This Kale Salad with Sweet Potato and Lentils is so hearty and delicious! It’s perfect for a healthy lunch or potluck salad!
- 1 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 large sweet potato, or two medium sized sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large bunch of curly kale, washed and chopped into bite size pieces (6–8 cups)
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Maple Mustard Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook lentils according to package directions. Keep covered and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a large sheet pan toss together diced sweet potato, about 2 teaspoons olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes until fork tender, 35-40 mins.
- Add chopped kale to a large bowl and drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and a pinch of salt. Use your hands to massage the kale for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and mix until combined. You can either serve immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 days.