A delicious and healthy lunch recipe that can be made ahead and enjoyed all week long!
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Pierce each sweet potato a few times with a fork and bake until cooked through and fork tender, 45-50 mins.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy, about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Assemble lunch bowls: Cut sweet potato open and top with 1/3 cup quinoa and 1/3 cup black beans. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top and serve with greens and chips, if desired.
If making ahead, leave off the dressing and any other additional toppings until ready to serve. Sweet potatoes can be enjoyed warmed up for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or cold.