- 1 cup Village Harvest Black Rice
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- Heaping 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10–15 cloves roasted garlic*, depending on how garlicky you want it
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the Village Harvest Black Rice according to package directions (simmer with a pinch of salt and 1 1/3 cup water until rice is tender). Once rice is finished cooking, add it to a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add in all the vegetables, beans and pine nuts and stir to make sure everything is combined. Make the vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a blender and blending for 30 seconds – 1 minute, until there are no chunks of garlic left.
- You can either pour vinigrette over entire bowl of salad or just pour it over each portion as you eat it. If taking it for lunches or planning to eat some as leftovers, it is best to only dress the amount you are eating.
*Rather than spending the time to roast the garlic yourself, you can usually find roasted garlic cloves on olive bars at your local grocery store.