For the Salad
- 1 small loaf of bread, cut into bite size cubes, about 4 – 6 cups total. You can use regular or gluten free bread.
- 1/2 red onion, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, diced into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half, scrape out the seeds and then cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for toasting bread cubes
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients into a jar or small bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into bite size cubes. Heat a large pan on medium heat and add olive oil and bread cubes. Toast bread for about 10 minutes, or until bread is crispy on the outside.
- Add all of the diced vegetables, bread cubes, and the feta cheese into a large bowl. Slowly add the vinaigrette and mix until everything is combined.
- Add the dressing slowly, you may not need to use all of it.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 829
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 1515
- Fat: 41
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 30
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 95
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 25