- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (16 oz) package gnocchi, gluten free if necessary
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup pesto sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 4–6 cups of your favorite greens, I used baby spinach leaves.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the broccoli florets. Sauté broccoli for 2 minutes then pour water into the pan and cover. Let broccoli steam until fork tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add gnocchi plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, stir and then cover until gnocchi has softened, about 7 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add the white beans and pesto, mix until everything is combined and heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve pesto gnocchi over a big handful of your favorite greens and season with salt and pepper.