- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 head Belgum endive, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 apricots, sliced into small wedges
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain the quinioa. In a medium pot, add the quinoa and two cups of water. Place on the stove over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Set aside.
- Remove the outer leaves from the brussels sprouts, you can save the insides for another use. Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil, throw in brussels sprout leaves and cook for about 1 minute. Remove brussels sprout leaves and immediately throw them into a bowl of ice water. Let them sit for a few minutes to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, brussel sprout leaves, sliced apricots, sliced endive, toasted almonds, and dressing. Mix until combined.
Inspired by Giada’s Brussels Sprout Leaf Salad