This Easy Red Lentil Curry is so healthy and flavorful! Enjoy for dinner or a meal prep lunch!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 diced onion
- 3/4 cup small diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- For serving: fresh lime juice, cilantro, cashews, Greek Yogurt, cucumber, naan bread
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add coconut oil, onion and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes and then add in garlic and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add in lentils, coconut milk, curry paste and all the seasonings. Stir well and then pour in vegetable broth. Stir, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until lentils are soft and most of the liquid has cooked out, 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The entire pot has 6 freestyle WW points. If you break it into 4 servings then each serving has about 2 points.