Don’t let the super bright color of this dip scare you away! If you love beets you will love this dip, and if you don’t love beets you should give them another try because they are delicious! I didn’t start eating them myself until a few years ago when I figured I should start eating more healthy vegetables. And, honestly, I kind of chocked them down at the time.
Then, something compelled me to try them again more recently and this time I made them into beet chips and I am now convinced that I can be tricked into eating anything that is in chip form! Seriously, if you put something crunchy and salty in front of me, I will devour it and probably ask you for more.
Since my love affair with beet chips began, I ‘ve been branching out and trying beets in lots of different ways, including these crazy magenta burgers I made a while ago! One of the things that I love most about beets, besides the delicious, sweet and earthy taste, is the awesome vibrant color. I mean, look at these beets! Mother nature must have been having fun when she picked that color!
This is a food blog, so I won’t go into a few other aspects of the color, if know what I”m getting at, but you can learn a little bit more about that here. Does anyone else out there watch the show Portlandia?! If so, you know what I’m talking about and how they just seem to make everything hilarious. If you are not familiar with it, you should totally check it out because it is one of the funniest shows I’ve seen in a long time!
Is it me or does this week seem to be creeping by at a particularly slow pace?! I hope everyone is having a great week and has a fun weekend planned! I’ve said before that I’m not the biggest fan of football, but I’m really looking forward to going to an actual game this weekend!
If you haven’t already entered the $250 Amazon giftcard giveaway, it isn’t too late!! Check it out here!Print
- 2–3 large beets, peeled and diced (4 cups)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Toasted bread or crackers for dipping
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chopped beets onto a large sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and bake for 40-45 minutes, flipping once. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the beets along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.