- 4 cups peeled and diced beets, 1/2 inch diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried sorghum, or other grain of choice
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans, about 1–15 oz can
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place diced beets on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast until beets are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Cook sorghum, or desired gain, according to package directions.
- Pour the hemp hearts onto a large plate. Crumble goat cheese and place crumbles into hemp hearts. Toss to make sure goat cheese is coated on all sides with hemp hearts.
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, add spring mix, roasted beets, cooked sorghum, garbanzo beans, dried cranberries, and hemp heart crusted goat cheese. Mix and drizzle with desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette.