A delicious and filling fall salad!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, divided (your favorite cooking oil)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 5 ounces baby kale, or your favorite greens
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas
- Tahini, for drizzling over top
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together cubed butternut squash, 2 teaspoons olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake butternut squash until fork tender, about 40 minutes.
- While butternut squash is baking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 teaspoon oil, chickpeas, chili powder, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Cook chickpeas for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your greens to a large bowl and toss together with 2 teaspoons olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon and 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional).
- To assemble: add the butternut squash, chickpeas, dried cranberries and pepitas to your greens and mix until combined. Top each individual serving with a drizzle of tahini, you may need to thin your tahini out with water or lemon juice if it’s thick.
If making ahead of time, leave the greens separate from the rest of the salad because they will wilt more quickly with the dressing on them.