- 1 large sweet potato, cut into about 1/4 inch thick slices
- About 10 corn tortillas, or mini corn tortillas
- 1 15 oz can of refried black beans, or about 1 1/2 cups of homemade refried black beans
- 2 avocados, cut in half and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil for crisping tortillas.
- Lime wedges for squeezing on top
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the sliced sweet potatoes on a large backing sheet and drizzle with olive oil and add spices. Toss sweet potatoes to make sure each side is coated with oil and spices. Roast sweet potatoes for about 20 – 25 minutes, until they are fork tender, flipping once.
- Brush both sides of the corn tortillas with a little bit of olive oil and roast in the 375 degree oven for about 10 – 12 minutes, flipping once, until they are crispy.
- If desired, heat the refried beans in a small sauce pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Assemble tostadas: spread each tostada with a few tablespoons of refried beans, top with two slices of sweet potato and a couple slices of avocado. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired, and squeeze a slice of lime over the top just before eating.