Thank you so much to Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post! Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
My last tater tot recipe is now the most popular recipe on my site, so I thought you guys wouldn’t mind another one! This time, I’m giving them a seasonal spin by adding some spaghetti squash and they are just as easy to make and as addicting as the last ones!
Raise your hands if you love tater tots! Ok good, we are all on the same page! I make a lot of homemade french fries in this house, but there is just something so much more fun about eating a tater tot. They are round and crunchy and you can just pop them in your mouth and eat them in one bite. As much as I love the classic tater tot with just potatoes, I really loving putting my own spin on them and adding fun and nutritious ingredients to them.
This time I decided to break out the spaghetti squash and I couldn’t think of a better dipping sauce than Sir Kensington’s Spicy Brown Mustard, that already has maple syrup in it! I first fell in love with Sir Kensington’s condiments while I was walking down the grocery store aisle. Not only are all of their ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard products all natural, they are also non-GMO. And, they all have this awesome looking man with a top hat and mustache on the front of them! That might be my favorite part 🙂 As I said above, I used their Spicy Brown Mustard that has a hint of sweet maple syrup to dip my tots in and the pairing was perfect!
You can find Sir Kensington’s products at your local Whole Foods. You can also order all products online here, and receive free shipping on your order by using the coupon code, “spicy”.Print
- 3 large russet potatoes (equals about 8 cups when grated)
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sir Kensington’s Spicy Brown Mustard for dipping
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and boil potatoes until just fork tender, but with still a little give in the center. Drain potatoes and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, cook the spaghetti squash. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, top to bottom. Scrap out the seeds. Use a metal spoon to scrape out the “meat” of the spaghetti squash. It will come out in small pieces and you should get about 3 cups worth. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add one teaspoon olive oil and the spaghetti squash. Cook spaghetti squash until tender, about ten minutes.
- Once potatoes have cooled, carefully peel off the skins using a potato peeler. Grate each potato and place them in a large bowl. Add the cooked spaghetti squash and salt to the bowl and mix until everything is evenly combined, your hands will work best for this.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and form the potato mixture into small cylinder shapes. You should get about 40-45 depending on how big you make them. You may also need to bake them in two batches depending on how big your baking sheets are.
- Brush the top of each tater tot with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle each one with salt. Bake tater tots until crispy and browned on the outside, about 50 minutes, flipping once.
- Let tater tots cool and then dip them in Sir Kensington’s Spicy Brown Mustard.