This is a sponsored post by Bob’s Red Mill, but as always, all opinions are my own!
When I first saw that Bob’s Red Mill came out with a Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour I kinda freaked out! I used to bake a lot, especially around the holidays, but ever since I started eating gluten free I’ve been a major slacker when it comes to baking.
Most gluten free recipes I read call for about 8,000 different types of flours and I get overwhelmed just reading the ingredient list. That might explain why I squeeled with joy when I saw this 1:1 gluten free baking flour. I needed some and I needed it right away! Bob’s Red Mill was nice enough to send me some samples, along with this really pretty Sparking Sugar that is perfect for Christmas cookies!
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour makes it easy to transform traditional recipes to gluten free. Simply follow your favorite baking recipe, replacing the wheat flour with this awesome blend. It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with amazing taste and texture – no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required.
This flour combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum—just enough xanthan gum to create chewy cookies and springy muffins. The protein in the sorghum flour (you know how much I love sorghum!) helps give baked goods an almost wheat-like texture and aids in browning, for those times you need a perfectly golden brown chocolate chip cookie, which is always, right?! Use this blend for cookies, cakes, brownies, muffins, and this Loaded Pumpkin Orange Bread!
I’ve been seeing so many delicious looking pumpkin baked goods, so I immediately decided that that is what I would make first. Whenever I make any kind of gluten free baked good that I am going to serve to others, I always feel the need to apologize in advance in cause it is dry or just not good. But, with this pumpkin bread, no apologies necessary! This is literally the most moist pumpkin bread I have ever eaten, gluten free or not. I brought a loaf to work and everyone (none of which are gluten free) commented about how much they loved it and how great the texture was. I’ve literally made this pumpkin bread so many times that I have the recipe memorized and I find myself craving it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying it!
The orange glaze is optional, but so delicious!Print
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour, plus 2 teaspoons (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1–15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (optional)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Bob’s Red Mill Sparking Sugar
Orange Glaze (optional):
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, and oil. Beat with an electric mixture for 20 seconds. Add pumpkin, orange juice, and orange zest and mix for 15 seconds. Add in the flour mixture in two batches and beat until everything is combined, about 20 seconds.
- Add the cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts to a small bowl and dust with 2 teaspoons flour. Mix until ingredients are coated with flour and then add them to the batter. Using a spatula, fold the cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts into the batter and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Place the baking rack on the lower 3/4 of the oven and bake for 65-75 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before enjoying.
- To make the orange glaze: in a small bowl, add the powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest and mix until combined. Pour over pumpkin bread if desired. Sprinkle Sparking Sugar over glaze, if desired