These Spring Burrito Bowls combine all the best ingredients of spring into one delicious bowl!
Happy first day of spring!! Spring is one of my favorite seasons, but it seems we’re already off to a rough start. My 8 month old has a viral infection that has caused a full body rash and I woke up with a throat so sore it really hurts to swallow. But, on a happier note, I’m so excited to be sharing these Ultimate Spring Burrito Bowls with you today!
Burrito bowls are my jam and I really went all out for this spring version today. It is the first day of spring afterall, which is definitely something worth celebrating, sicknesses and all 🙂
It’s loaded with strawberry salsa, roasted asparagus and snap peas (which are delicious enough to eat by themselves with your fingers right off the baking sheet), watercress, white beans and avocado. Because you can’t have a burrito bowl without avocado!
Strawberry salsa has become one of my favorite kinds of salsa the last few years. I like to put it on quesadillas and tostadas or just stand at the counter and dip chips into it. It’s sweet and tangy and a perfect excuse to eat more strawberries!
I hope you all go out and do something fun and springy today! By the way I’m feeling now I think I’ll be locked up inside laying the couch tomorrow 🙂Print
- 1 cup rice, dry
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups dice asparagus, about 1 inch
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup packed watercress leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedges for topping, if desired
- 2 cups small diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Chopped jalapeno, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook rice according to package directions. Toss asparagus and peas with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake until tender and browned, 20-25 minutes.
- Add all strawberry salsa ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Assemble burrito bowls: divide all ingredients equally into 4 bowls and top with a squeeze of lime juice if desired. Enjoy!