- 1 cup rice, dry
- 1 medium carrot, grated or thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium cucumber, grated or thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped seaweed sheets
- Optional (recommended) toppings: soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds, wasabi
Quick Pickled Radishes:
- 1 large bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Add the vinegar, water, salt and sugar to a medium sized jar with a lid and shake until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the sliced radishes, shake and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Assemble sushi bowls: put equal portions of the rice in each bowl, about 1/2 cup. Top with 1/4 cup each carrots, cucumber and seaweed. Put a few slices of avocado in each bowl and desired amount of pickled radishes. Season with soy sauce, wasabi and sesame seeds.
Recipe makes 4 bowls. If making bowls ahead of time to take for lunch, leave out the avocado until serving.