This post was sponsored by Way Better Snacks, but all opinions are my own! Thank you so much for supporting the brands that support me!
I made a huge mistake when I made this dip, I made it while my husband was away and then I sat by myself and pretty much at the entire thing. It was so good and I just couldn’t put it down and now I want to make another batch of it just thinking about how much I loved it. So, pretty much I’m obsessed, can you tell?! And I think you will be too once you make it.
The holidays might be known for the big turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, but in my opinion, it is the appetizers that take center stage. I’m totally that person who fills up on chips and dip before the main meal is finished and I’m not sorry at all about it. As far as I’m concerned, chips and dip should be their own food group and I would live off them.
This White Cheddar and Cranberry Skillet Dip is so easy to put together and requires hardly any work at all. You just cut the white cheddar into chunks, pour in some cranberry sauce and bake in the oven until melted and bubbly. This dip works best if you eat it immediately out of the oven and spoon the cheesy goodness onto your chips. Speaking of chips, these Sweet Chili corn tortilla chips from Way Better Snacks are the most perfect chip for this dip. They are spicy and sweet and pair really well with the sharp cheddar and cranberry. This dip is perfect for all your holiday appetizer needs!Print
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 blocks (you could use 2 full blocks if you have larger skillet)
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Fresh thyme leaves for topping, 1-2 teaspoons
- Tortilla chips for dipping, such as Sweet Chili Corn Tortilla Chips from Way Better Snacks
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the cheese into bite size chunks and layer evenly in the bottom of a 6 inch cast iron skillet. Spoon the cranberry sauce over the cheese. Bake dip in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove dip from oven, top with thyme leaves and enjoy with chips.
You can make a large portion of the dip by using a larger skillet and adjusting the recipe accordingly.