This Winter Quinoa Salad is packed with lots of vegetable and protein!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, or 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cups baby kale leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once finished cooking, fluff with a fork and add to a large bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together the diced butternut squash, olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake until fork tender, about 40 minutes, depending on how big they are.
- Add the butternut squash, chickpeas, kale, dried cranberries and walnuts to the bowl with quinoa and mix until combined.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and whisk until combined.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- I would hold off on dressing the salad if not eating immediately.