This recipe is copied by permission from Teff Love – Adventures in Vegan Ethiopian Cooking by Kittee Berns
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave necrar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more if desired
- 8 ounces small red beets, roasted and peeled and cut into sticks (between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 thin-skinned potatoes, boiled and peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (3 cups)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Put the oil, lime juice, mustard, agave nectar, and salt in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Add the beets and onion and stir gently to combine. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-12 hours.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and add the beet mixture. Stir gently to combine. Season to taste with pepper and additional salt, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.