- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 3 cups cherry tomaotes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil (about 1 tsp), balsamic vinegar, salt (1/4 tsp), and pepper (1/8 tsp). Toss to coat and place in the oven.
- Bake tomatoes for about 20 minutes, or until they are tender and splitting open.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven prepare the “spaghetti”.
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini and squash (lengthwise) about 1/8 inch thick. If you do not have a mandolin use a sharp knife and cut them as close to 1/8 inch as you can.
- Once you have all your slices, stack a few of them up at a time and cut them into thin strips with a large, sharp knife.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Then add zucchini and squash strips. Season with salt (1/4 tsp), pepper (1/8 tsp), garlic, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes until zucchini and squash are tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini and squash mixture with the tomatoes.
- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
- A little bit of water will come out of the zucchini and squash as it cooks, so try to drain some of the water out when you are plating it.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 50
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0