These 20 Minute BBQ Black Bean Tacos are SO easy to make and so delicious! They’re perfect for a family weeknight dinner!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans drained and rinsed, or about 4 1/2 cups
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: avocado, cabbage, carrot, cilantro, hot sauce
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes and then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add in all the remaining ingredients, except for the black beans. Mix sauce together and cook for a minute or two. Add in the black beans, stir until they’re all coated and cook together for about 10 minutes, until heated through and flavors have developed.
- For each taco, use about 1/3 cup black beans and top with desired toppings.