- 8 ounces pretzel rods, I used an 8 oz package of gluten free pretzel rods
- 1 (10 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used non-dairy
- 1/4 cup smashed peppermints, plus 1-2 tablespoons for topping cookies with
- Line a large sheetpan with parchment paper. Place the pretzels in a large bowl and use your hands to break them into smaller pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or over a double boiler. Pour the chocolate over the pretzels and then add in 1/4 cup smashed peppermints. Mix everything together and then scoop cookies onto the parchment paper using a 1/4 measuring cup. Top each haystack with a small sprinkle of smashed peppermints.
- Refrigerate haystacks for at least 1/2 hour before eating. Haystacks should be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool place.